Retro Kiwifruit Cheesecake
- 200 g crushed plain biscuit crumbs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 100 g melted butter
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 3 tsp gelatin, plus 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cream, softly whipped
- ½ cup kiwifruit, mashed into a purée (approx 2 ripe kiwifruit)
- 2-3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp lime jelly crystals, plus 1 cup hot water
How to Use up Your Fruit and Vegetables
1. Combine the biscuit crumbs, cinnamon and melted butter and press into the base of a 22cm spring-form tin. Chill.
2. Beat together the cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl until smooth (about 3-5 minutes).
3. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in a bowl and leave it to swell for 5 minutes. Warm over hot water, or on medium power in the microwave for 15 seconds. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
4. Beat the gelatin into the cream cheese mixture and quickly fold in the whipped cream and kiwifruit pureé. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the chilled base and return the tin to the fridge. Leave to chill for 2-3 hours, or until the mixture has set.
5. To serve, dissolve the lime jelly crystals in hot water and let the jelly cool but not set. Arrange the sliced kiwifruit decoratively on top of the chilled cheesecake and spoon over the lime jelly. Allow to chill for at least 30 minutes until the topping has set before cutting the cheesecake and serving.