- Dried fusilli, penne or farfalle pasta - 250 g
- Olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- Haloumi, sliced - 200 g
- Basil pesto - 3 tbsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Red onion, thinly sliced - 1/4
- Cucumber, diced - 1/2
- Cherry tomatoes, halved - 200 g
- Kalamata olives, pitted - 1/2 cup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain well and leave to cool.
Heat oil in a frying pan. Once hot, add haloumi slices and fry on a medium heat for 1-2 minutes per side until golden. Remove slices, placing on a chopping board and cut the slices in half again.
In a large bowl, add basil pesto, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Whisk together until combined.
Add the drained pasta and haloumi pieces followed by the red onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and olives. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until serving.
PER SERVE Energy 2521Kj • Protein 20g • Total Fat 37g • Saturated Fat 11g • Carbohydrates 43g • Sugars 5g • Sodium 561mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.