- Baby fennel bulbs - 2
- Parsnips, halved length ways - 6
- Baby new potatoes, halved - 6
- Cloves garlic, unpeeled - 6
- Star anise - 2
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Seeded Kalamata olives, chopped coarsely - 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped fresh Italian parsley - 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
Trim fennel, reserving fronds. Cut fennel into eight wedges.
Place fennel, parsnip, potato, garlic and star anise in a large baking dish. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with cumin seeds and season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Meanwhile, make dressing. Place ingredients into a screw-top jar; shake well. Season to taste.
Place roasted vegetables onto a serving dish, sprinkle with olives, fennel fronds and parsley. Drizzle with dressing to serve.