Grilled Salmon & Grapefruit Salad
- 4 tbsp ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 handfuls baby Cos lettuce leaves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, stoned and thinly sliced
- 600 g skinned, boned salmon fillet, sliced into 4 equal pieces
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 ruby red grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
1. Place the grapefruit juice, lemon juice, honey and extra virgin olive oil in a bowl and mix well until the honey dissolves. Taste, season and set aside.
2. Place the Cos leaves, onion and avocado on a large serving platter. Brush the salmon all over with olive oil and season. Grill or panfry over moderate heat until the salmon is browned and just cooked through.
3. Remove from the frying pan or grill and place the salmon on top of the Cos, onion and avocado.
4. Sprinkle the olives and grapefruit over the salmon and drizzle the dressing over everything. Sprinkle with parsley leaves and serve.