Orange & Ricotta Pancakes
- 1/2 cup Homebrand plain flour
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp Homebrand butter, for cooking
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 oranges, segmented
- runny honey for drizzling
- chopped mint leaves, to garnish
1. Sift the flour into a medium sized bowl.
2. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the egg and salt.
Slowly add the milk, and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan to a medium heat, add a bit of butter and pour in a ¼ cup of mixture. Quickly swirl it around the pan. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes then flip and repeat.
4. Stack the pancakes on a plate. A little bit of baking paper in between each one will prevent them sticking.
5. To serve, place a pancake on a plate, spread with ¼ cup ricotta and sprinkle on some orange segments. Fold in half and then quarters.
Drizzle with honey, and garnish with mint leaves.
Tip: Try filling these pancakes with some of your favourite poached or roasted fruits.