Steak with Balsamic and Antipasto Salad on Rice
- 75 mls Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 chargrilled red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 6 sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 balsamic marinated onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cup 1cm diced mild salami
- 2 large handfuls rocket leaves
- 4 of your favourite cut of steak (eye fillet, sirloin, rump and scotch are all suitable.)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- steamed long grain rice to serve
How to Cook Perfect Rice
Put the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, capers, capsicum, olives, sundried tomatoes, onions, salami and rocket into a bowl. Mix well, taste and season.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and pan-fry the steak the way you like it.
Serve the steak on rice with a large spoonful of the salad on top
Make the sauce an hour or two in advance, the rocket will wilt but stay crunchy and the sauce will improve as the flavours develop together.