Steak with Balsamic and Antipasto Salad on Rice
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 chargrilled red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 6 sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 balsamic marinated onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup 1cm diced mild salami
- 2 large handfuls rocket leaves
- 4 of your favourite cut of steak (eye fillet, sirloin, rump and scotch are all suitable.)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- steamed long grain rice to serve
1. Put the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, capers, capsicum, olives, sundried tomatoes, onions, salami and rocket into a bowl. Mix well, taste and season.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and pan-fry the steak the way you like it.
3. Serve the steak on rice with a large spoonful of the salad on top
Tip: Make the sauce an hour or two in advance, the rocket will wilt but stay crunchy and the sauce will improve as the flavours develop together.