Asparagus Fettuccine with Bacon, Lemon and Parmesan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, sliced
- 1/2 cup Homebrand cream
- 1 grated zest and juice of a lemon
- 400 g packet Signature range fresh fettuccine
- 2 bunches asparagus, cut into 5cm pieces
- grated Parmesan to serve
How to Cook Perfect Pasta
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan or fry pan.
2. Add the bacon and cook until crisp.
3. Add the cream and lemon zest and juice and simmer at a low heat for a few minutes until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook pasta in boiling salted water, adding the asparagus spears to the pan in the last 3 minutes.
5. Drain then toss through the bacon mix.
6. Put into a warmed serving bowl and add parmesan to taste.