Pork Chops, Kumara Puree, Asparagus and Tapenade
- 600 g gold kumara (2 medium), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 cups Select chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Homebrand cream
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pork loin chops
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
1. Place the kumara and chicken stock in a saucepan and cook until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain but reserve the stock. Mash or blend the kumara with enough of the stock to make a smooth puree. Add the cream and season with salt and pepper.
2. To make the tapenade put the olives, thyme, capers and parsley in a food processor and blend to rough chunks. Add the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil - set aside until needed.
3. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat. Add the pork and cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden.
4. Blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
5. Place a serving of puree on each plate, add the asparagus, top with a pork chop and a spoonful of tapenade.