- 145 g Homebrand butter
- 170 g Homebrand caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 275 g plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 3/4 cup Homebrand raspberry or strawberry jam
- 200 g desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. Cream the butter and 50g of sugar until light and fluffy, then add the egg yolks and beat until well combined.
3. Add the sifted flour and baking powder and mix well.
4. Press the mixture into a greased 25cm ovenproof tin.
5. Spread the jam evenly over the base.
6. In a clean bowl beat the egg whites until it has doubled in volume then add the remaining sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
7. Fold through the coconut, then spread on top of the jam.
8. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Allow to cool in tin before cutting into squares.