Date & Pistachio Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates, chopped roughly
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 150 g Homebrand butter
- 50 g Homebrand caster sugar
- 1 cup Homebrand plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cardamon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios, chopped roughly
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a 1 litre capacity loaf tin.
2. Soak the dates in the zest and juice of the orange for 20 minutes. In the meantime, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and cloves.
4. Finally add the milk, the dates with the orange juice and zest and the pistachios to the batter.
5. Spoon the mixture into the tin. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Serve with Greek yogurt.