Asian Style Pork and Rice Noodle Salad
- 450 g pork mince
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 200 g rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp Select sweet chilli sauce (or more if you like a bit of heat)
- 2 Tbsp Homebrand soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into quarters lengthwise, seeds removed and sliced on the diagonal
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1 handful mint leaves
- fresh red chilli, cut in half, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 handful coriander leaves
1. Mix together the pork, ginger, garlic, spring onions and oyster sauce and set aside. This can be cooked straight away or marinate overnight.
2. Put the rice noodles into a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Test by tasting after a few minutes to see if they are tender. Plunge into cold water to stop them cooking further. If you are cooking the noodles ahead of time, drizzle with a little sesame oil to stop them sticking together.
3. Mix together the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the noodles and stir well.
4. Fry the mince with a little canola oil in a fry pan or wok, stirring frequently to break up the mince. When cooked through (around 3 – 4 minutes) add to the noodles along with the remaining ingredients, toss together and serve.