Braised Spring Vegetables with Salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 700 g courgettes, cut into slices
- 4 spring onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Select chicken stock
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, shredded
- 4 salmon fillets or steaks
In a large sauce pan heat the olive oil then add the courgettes, spring onions and garlic. Cook over a moderate heat to get a little colour, stirring as you do so. Add the chicken stock and cover. Lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender. Remove the lid, add the crème fraiche and herbs and season to taste.
Pan fry the salmon fillets in a little olive oil for 3 – 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
Serve with bread rolls or boiled new season potatoes.