Thai Chilli Beef Salad
- 2 Tbsp Select soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Select oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp Select fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 red chillies, chopped finely
- 1 piece (2cm) ginger, sliced finely
- 1 lemon for zest and juice
- sirloin beef, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 bunches asparagus, blanched and sliced
- 8 baby carrots blanched, and cut lengthways
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 cup fresh coriander, roughly torn
- 1 cup fresh mint, roughly torn
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1. In a small bowl mix the soy, fish and oyster sauces, sesame oil, brown sugar, 2 tbsp water, chillies, ginger and lemon zest and juice.
2. Into a larger bowl, place the sliced beef, and add half the above mixture, reserving the other half as dressing.
3. Marinate for at least 20 minutes to allow the favours to infuse.
4. In a large bowl combine the red onion, asparagus, carrots, spinach and herbs.
5. Heat a frying pan to high heat and fry the steak in 2 or 3 batches for 2 - 3 minutes, and place on a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Combine the dressing with the vegetables, add the meat, and mix gently.
6. Serve on a large platter, and sprinkle with sesame seeds, or in individual bowls.
Tip: Make extra Thai Chilli Sauce and keep in the fridge ready for use. It also complements chicken, fish and vegetable dishes.