Pasta Carbonara with Basil & Chilli
- 4 lean Bacon steaks or 6 rashers Bacon, rind removed
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Garlic
- 2 tsp Gourmet Garden Chilli
- 500 grams fresh Fettuccine or spaghetti pasta
- 4 Egg yolks
- ½ cup Cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Basil
- 1 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Italian Herbs
How to Cook Perfect Pasta
Cook fettuccine or spaghetti in boiling, salted water for 10-12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat butter in a large frying pan and sauté bacon, Gourmet Garden Garlic and Chilli over a moderate heat until golden and lightly browned. Add pasta to pan, toss through bacon and place over a medium heat.
In a separate bowl whisk together egg yolks, cream, grated parmesan cheese, Gourmet Garden Basil and Italian Herbs.
Add egg mixture to fry plan and stir quickly to combine and heat through. Serve with a green side salad if desired.
By Gourmet Garden