Sizzling Steak Stirfry
- 1 large piece of 3cm thick lean Quality Mark Beef Rump Steak
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp HP or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brandy (or cooking wine)
- Few drops Sesame Oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 150g Green Beans or Snow Peas, trimmed
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup Campbell’s Real Stock, Beef
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp HP sauce
- 1 tsp Cornflour
How to Chop an Onion
Mix all the marinade ingredients together and place in a resealable bag with the steak. Massage to coat the steak and rest for 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
Grill the steak on a hot BBQ or in a well-oiled, hot frying pan for 5-6 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate to rest while cooking the vegetables.
Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan or wok and quickly stir-fry the onions, cauliflower florets, green beans or snow peas, and garlic over a high heat until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir together the sauce ingredients and pour into the pan, tossing over a high heat until thickened. Slice the beef thinly across the grain and add to the vegetables.
Serve over steamed rice or noodles.
Recipe Courtesy of Beef + Lamb New Zealand, www.recipes.co.nz