Sizzling Steak Stirfry
- 1 large piece of 3cm thick lean Quality Mark beef rump steak
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp HP or Worcester sauce
- 1 Tbsp brandy (or cooking wine)
- few drops sesame oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 150 g green beans or snow peas, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Campbell’s Real Stock beef
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp HP sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and place in a resealable bag with the steak. Massage to coat the steak and rest for 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
2. Grill the steak on a hot BBQ or in a well-oiled, hot frying pan for 5-6 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate to rest while cooking the vegetables.
3. Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan or wok and quickly stir-fry the onions, cauliflower florets, green beans or snow peas, and garlic over a high heat until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Stir together the sauce ingredients and pour into the pan, tossing over a high heat until thickened. Slice the beef thinly across the grain and add to the vegetables.
5. Serve over steamed rice or noodles.
Recipe Courtesy of Beef + Lamb New Zealand, www.recipes.co.nz