Smoked Fish Cakes
- 2 medium (400g) Potatoes, peeled
- 400g flaked Smoked Fish
- 1/2 cup chopped Coriander
- 4 Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely grated fresh Ginger
- 1 large Red Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated Lemon zest
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Sweet Chilli Sauce to serve
Place the potatoes in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 8 minutes until the potatoes are half cooked. Drain, cool slightly and grate.
Place the grated potato, smoked fish, coriander, spring onions, ginger, chilli, lemon zest, egg and black pepper into a bowl. Mix well and form the mixture into 12 fish cakes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the fish cakes over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper towels and serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Bronwyn Byrne. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.