Roast Pumpkin & Rocket Salad
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, plus extra for drizzle
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 rosemary sprig
- flaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 700 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks (about 1.5cm in size)
- 4 handfuls rocket leaves
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- ½ cup crumbled feta
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking pan with baking paper.
2. Combine the 2 tablespoons of oil and vinegar, brown sugar and rosemary. Season to taste. Add the pumpkin to the oil mixture and toss to coat.
3. Tip the pumpkin and any remaining liquid into the prepared pan and arrange in a single layer. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until the pumpkin is cooked and slightly browned. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the pumpkin to cool.
4. Arrange the pumpkin and rocket on a platter and scatter over the pumpkin seeds and feta. Just before serving, drizzle the pumpkin salad with a little extra olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
By Food Magazine