Hearty Seafood & Tomato Soup
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Leeks, outer leaves removed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 400g tin Savoury Tomatoes
- 100ml dry White Wine
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1L of Fish Stock
- 500g Mixed Seafood (frozen, available from freezer section)
- 390g can Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- basil pesto to garnish
How to Make Croutons
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the leeks over a low heat for about 10 minutes, until they are soft and transparent. Add the garlic, tomatoes and wine and cook over a high heat until the liquid starts to reduce.
Add the sugar and stock and simmer until the liquid is reduced by a quarter. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the still frozen seafood and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add the beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and serve garnished with basil pesto.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Bernadette Hogg. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.
By Food Magazine