Classic Chocolate Mousse
- 100g chocolate chips
- 2 eggs, yolks separated
- 50g butter, melted
- 2 tsp brandy (optional)
- 2 tsp caster sugar
How to Make Ganache
1. To melt the chocolate, put the pieces in a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
2. Remove the bowl and beat in the egg yolks, one at a time. Add the brandy and butter. Stir until the mixture is glossy and smooth. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and beat until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Fold the egg whites through the chocolate mixture. Spoon the mixture into 4 small serving dishes (or 100ml capacity).Chill for one hour.
5. Allow the mousse to come to room temperature before serving.
Tip: This mousse is delicious and very rich and can be made the day before serving. Try orange zest sprinkled on top as a nice addition.
• Energy 1114Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 22g • Saturated Fat 13g • Carbohydrates 14g • Sugars 12g • Sodium 4mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.