Sprout, Carrot & Sesame Salad
- countdown basil fresh, 15g packet
- 2 cups Mung Bean Sprouts
- 2 medium Carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup each: Mint leaves, Basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh Ginger
Place the sprouts on a serving platter or in a bowl, first snipping off any straggly ends.
Add the matchstick carrots, herbs and sesame seeds and toss to combine.
Mix together the soy, vinegar, sesame oil and grated ginger to make a dressing and drizzle it over the salad. Serve at once.
TIP: This salad is delicious with Asian-style food such as marinated chicken or fish.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Helen Brown. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.