Sprout, Carrot & Sesame Salad
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1. Place the sprouts on a serving platter or in a bowl, first snipping off any straggly ends.
2. Add the matchstick carrots, herbs and sesame seeds and toss to combine.
3. Mix together the soy, vinegar, sesame oil and grated ginger to make a dressing and drizzle it over the salad. Serve at once.
Tip: This salad is delicious with Asian-style food such as marinated chicken or fish.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Helen Brown. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.