- 2 cups untoasted muesli, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1¼ cups milk standard
- 1¼ cups sifted self-raising flour
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, grated
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Grease or line a 12-hole, half-cup capacity muffin pan.
2. Place the muesli in a large bowl with the milk and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Sift over the flour, and then add the remaining ingredients, stirring to just combine.
3. Divide the mixture among the prepared pans and scatter with the little extra muesli. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the muffins are firm and golden.
4. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan to a wire rack. Best served when slightly warm.
Tip: Muffins can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days, or they can be frozen.