Mediterranean Chicken Melt
- 2 skinless Chicken Breasts
- 85g Sun-Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 65g Olives, pitted and sliced
- 6 Mozzarella Cheese balls, sliced
- 2 rashers of Bacon, sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh Basil leaves, torn, to garnish
- 2 cups Spinach leaves, or mixed salad leaves, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Cut each piece of chicken in half lengthways and place 2 of the halves in an ovenproof dish.
Scatter over some of the tomatoes, olives and cheese to cover evenly.
Top with the other two chicken halves and garnish with the bacon.
Brush with a little oil and bake for 25 minutes at 180°C until cooked through and tinged golden brown.
Garnish with the fresh basil leaves and serve with lightly steamed spinach or mixed salad leaves.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Sarah Swain. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.