Italian Beef with Red Wine & Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 cup red wine
- 400 g can crushed tomatoes
- 400 g rollini, penne or other pasta shapes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra
- 400 g beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
1. Heat the first measure of olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the garlic and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes, or until golden.
2. Add the rosemary, wine and tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and well reduced.
3. Cook the pasta following the directions on the packet.
4. When the pasta is almost cooked, heat the second measure of oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Sear the beef in batches for 10-15 seconds on each side.
5. Add the beef and the pan juices to the tomato mixture.
6. Drain the pasta and toss with the beef and tomato sauce. Top with the shaved parmesan. Serve with a green salad.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Bronwyn Byrne. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.