Ham, Cheese & Pineapple Pizza Pinwheels
- 2 cups self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 75g cold butter, cut into cubes
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 100g shaved ham, sliced
- 225g can pineapple pieces, drained
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the milk and mix together with a knife until a soft dough forms.
3. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured board and lightly knead it until the dough is smooth. Roll the dough out into a rectangle approximately 35 cm x 25 cm.
4. Spread the tomato paste over the dough, leaving a 1cm gap around the edge. Cover with ham, pineapple and cheese. Brush the edge of the dough with a little milk.
5. Roll the dough up lengthwise to form a log. Cut the log into 12 even slices, approximately 2cm thick. Place the pinwheels on the baking tray.
6. Bake the pinwheels in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.