Bok Choy & Chicken Stir-fry
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 500 g skinned and boned chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 cup frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 1/4 cup sherry (or asian cooking wine)
- 2 bunches bok choy, ends trimmed, rinsed and chopped into 2cm dice
1. In a medium to large bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic, cornflour, sugar and ginger.
2. Add the chicken and toss to coat. If possible, leave the chicken to marinate for an hour or two, covered, in the refrigerator.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Stir-fry the vegetables and onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes until the chicken is golden brown.
4. Add the sherry (or cooking wine) and bok choy and stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Serve immediately over cooked rice or noodles with a garnish of coriander.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Bernadette Hogg. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.