- 2½ cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cups diced vegetables of your choice
- Courgette for the 2 cups of veges
- Spring Onion for the 2 cups of veges
- Capsicum for the 2 cups of veges
- 1 or 2 portions Spinach for the 2 cups of veges
- 50g feta, cubed
- 75g ham, finely sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp pine nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spray a 12-hole muffin pan generously with spray oil.
2. Place the flour and cheese in a large bowl. Stir to combine and make a well.
3. Beat together the eggs, oil and milk. Pour into the dry ingredients and lightly fold together until just combined. Fold in the vegetables, feta and ham and season with black pepper.
4. Spoon the muffin mixture into the prepared pan and top with pine nuts.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Leave to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
TIP: Leftover roasted pumpkin, caramelised onions or a little blue cheese would all be good additions to these muffins.