Pumpkin & Feta Bake
- 700g peeled, diced Pumpkin (about ½ medium-sized pumpkin)
- 2 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 5 Eggs
- ½ cup Cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian Parsley
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 100g Feta, crumbled, plus extra for garnish
Place the pumpkin and potato cubes in a saucepan of water and simmer until they are just tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and sauté the diced onion until it is soft and fragrant. Whisk together the eggs, cream and parsley in a bowl. Season to taste.
In a large bowl, gently combine the pumpkin and potatoes, onion, egg mixture and crumbled feta. Pour into an ovenproof serving dish and dot over the extra feta.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the bake is puffed and golden. Allow it to cool slightly before cutting.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Jo Wilcox. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.