Raspberry & Chocolate Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate bits
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 125 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- icing sugar to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a 12-hole muffin pan with oil or line the holes with paper cases and spray around the top edges of the pan.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar and chocolate bits and make a well in the centre.
3. Put the milk, sour cream, butter, eggs and vanilla essence into a separate bowl or jug and whisk until combined. Pour the mixture into the well in the dry ingredients and, using a large metal spoon, mix lightly and quickly until just combined. Fold through the raspberries.
4. Spoon the muffin mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Set aside the muffins for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
5. Dust the muffins lightly with icing sugar before serving.
Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for filling the muffin pans evenly.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Sandra Kinniburgh. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.