Mandarin Crêpe Stack
- ¾ cup Water
- ½ cup Mandarin or Orange juice
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract with seeds
- 4 Mandarins, peeled, pith removed and segmented
- 250-300g thickened Cream
- 1 Tbsp Icing Sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp Mandarin Juice, extra
- 12 Marcel’s Premade Sweet Crêpes
How to Whip Perfect Cream
Combine the water, juice, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add the mandarin segments and simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until the mixture is slightly syrupy. Set aside to cool slightly for 5 minutes.
Combine the thickened cream, icing sugar and extra mandarin juice. Spread a thin layer of sweetened cream over each crêpe, arranging them into a neat stack as you go. When ready to serve, spoon over the warm mandarin syrup.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Jo Wilcox. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.