Lamb Balls with Olives & Rosemary
- ¼ c each: Green Pitted Olives, Black Pitted Olives
- 2 Tbsp fresh Rosemary leaves
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 clove Garlic
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 450g Lamb Mince
- Dipping Sauce
- ½ c natural Unsweetened Yoghurt
- ¼ c chopped Mint
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 Lemon (about ¼ cup)
Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Finely chop the olives, rosemary, parsley, spring onion and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add the olive mixture to the mince and mix to combine. Roll the mince mixture into small balls. Wet your hands first to prevent the mixture from sticking to them.
Mix the dipping sauce ingredients together.
Place the lamb balls on a baking tray and cook them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until they have browned and are cooked through. Alternatively, cook them in batches in a pan in a little oil.
Serve the meatballs hot with the dipping sauce.
If you have time, make the dipping sauce in advance to allow the flavours to infuse.
Recipe by Angela Casley. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.
By Food Magazine