Ginger Citrus Scallops
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 24-30 scallops
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded
- 1/2 cucumber
- handful snow pea shoots, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp torn parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup lime avocado oil
- 1 tsp sliced pink ginger, and extra to garnish
- 1 Tbsp pink ginger juice
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp plain oil
1. Combine the olive oil, seasoning, lemon juice and zest and fresh ginger together in a bowl to make a marinade. Place the scallops in the marinade and toss to coat them evenly. Set aside the scallops to marinate for 3-4 hours.
2. Cut the carrot, capsicum and cucumber into fine matchsticks (julienne) and toss them in a large bowl with the snow pea shoots and parsley.
3. In a jar, combine the avocado oil, pink ginger slices and juice and fish sauce. Season to taste.
4. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and sear the scallops for 3-4 minutes, turning them when they are plumped up and opaque.
5. Toss the dressing through the salad and arrange portions on serving plates. Top the salad with the seared scallops and garnish with a little of the extra pink ginger.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Jo Wilcox. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.