Easy Citrus Tart
- 2 sheets sweet short pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk, extra
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 10-12 thin lemon slices
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a 20cm fluted tart tin with the pastry sheets, trim them to make the edges neat and place in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Whisk together the eggs, extra yolk and sugar until fluffy and pale. Stir in the cream, lemon juice and lemon zest. Place the pastry tart tin on a baking tray. Pour in half the egg mixture, slide the tray into the oven on the middle shelf and pour in the remaining mixture until it is level with the top of the pastry case.
3. Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until set.
4. To make glazed lemon slices, place the lemon slices, honey and water in a saucepan and simmer until syrupy.
5. Cool the tart for at least 15 minutes before slicing it. Serve the tart with the glazed lemon slices and thickened cream, if desired.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Jo Wilcox. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.