Mixed Seafood with Chilli, Tomato & Garlic Risoni
- 1 cup risoni
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Red Chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 2 large Tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed and flesh chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp finely grated Lemon zest
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, extra
- 500g Mixed Seafood (eg, prawns, squid, mussels, salmon, white fish pieces; or use a marinara mix)
- 2 Tbsp chopped Parsley
How to De-vein Prawns
Cook the risoni according to the directions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook until the sauce has reduced by half. Add the lemon zest and season with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Heat the extra measure of olive oil in a frypan over a medium-high heat. Add the seafood and cook, turning gently, for 3-4 minutes, or until it is just cooked through.
Stir the tomato mixture into the drained risoni. Top with the seafood and garnish with the parsley.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Bronwyn Byrne. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.