Soy-marinated Lamb with Garlic & Ginger Marinade
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing Rice Wine
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 500g Lamb Steak, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ Red Onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 6 cloves Garlic, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh Ginger
- freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 spring onion, sliced on an angle, to garnish
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a non-metallic bowl. Place the sliced lamb in the marinade and toss to coat it evenly. Cover the bowl and place the lamb in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or longer if possible.
2. Heat a wok over a high heat until it is almost smoking, then add the oil. Drain the lamb and add it to the pan. Stir-fry the lamb for about 2 minutes, tossing the meat constantly.
3. Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the lamb and continue to cook for about 3 minutes until the garlic has softened and the meat is cooked through.
4. Place the lamb in a large bowl, garnish with the deep-fried garlic and spring onion and serve on a bed of stir-fried vegetables with boiled rice.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Jo Wilcox. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.