White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake
- 300 g Homebrand gingernut biscuits, crushed to fine crumbs
- 50 g butter, melted
- 150 g mascarpone
- 150 g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 150 ml cream, whipped
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- 100 g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1/2 Tbsp powdered gelatine, melted in 1 Tbsp boiling water
- 300 g Signature Range frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1 Tbsp sugar
1. Cheesecake: Mix the gingernut crumbs and butter together. Press into the bottom of a 19cm diameter spring form tin, using the back of a spoon to smooth out the surface. Alternatively, press the mixture into four 7cm diameter tart rings to make individual serves.
2. Place the cheesecake base(s) in the fridge to set for about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile mix the mascarpone and cream cheese together until smooth. Fold the whipped cream and vanilla essence into the mix. Place aside.
4. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water and mix until smooth.
5. Fold the lemon juice and melted gelatine into the chocolate. Then fold the chocolate mixture into the mascarpone cream mixture.
6. Gently fold in 100g mixed berries.
7. Pour the mixture into the spring form tin or individual tart rings and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
8. Mixed Berry Sauce: Blend 200g berries and sugar until smooth in a food processor. Pass the mix through a sieve to remove any pips. Keep the mix chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
9. To serve your cheesecake, remove from the spring form tin. Cut into slices and pour a little of the sauce around each slice of cheesecake.