Lamb Steaks with Pistachio & Green Olive Cous Cous
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 boned lamb leg steaks
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups prepared instant cous cous
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios or almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, coarsely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup thinly sliced mint leaves, plus extra leaves for serving
1. Lamb Marinade: Mix together the oregano, garlic and oil in a bowl. Rub all over the lamb and season with salt and pepper.
2. Set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes or overnight in the fridge. Allow the lamb to return to room temperature before cooking.
3. When ready to cook, place into a frying pan over a moderate heat. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side until well browned or cooked to your liking.
4. Remove the lamb steaks from the heat, cover and rest in a warm place.
5. Couscous: Cook the couscous as directed on the packet.
6. Fluff up with a fork so there are no lumps and mix through all the remaining ingredients, seasoning with the salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve the lamb on the cous cous with extra mint, parsley and coriander leaves sprinkled on top.