Thai-style Beef Curry
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 700g sirloin or rump steak, sliced thinly across the grain of the meat, all fat and sinew trimmed of
- 150g green beans, blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes, drained, cooled and halved
- ½ cup Campbell’s beef stock
- 270g can coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- handful of coriander sprigs
- steamed rice for serving
- sliced cucumber for serving
- tomatoes for serving
How to Cook Perfect Rice
Heat the oil over moderate heat in a wok or frying pan. Add the curry paste and fry gently for 5 minutes.
Turn up the heat and add the sliced steak. Stir-fry until it just colours then add the beans and stock.
Bring to the boil, mix well and add the coconut cream, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.
Mix well, taste and adjust the sweet, salty and sour flavours if necessary.
Serve on steamed rice with coriander sprigs and sliced tomatoes and cucumber.