Baked Salmon with Tomato Salsa and Crushed Potatoes
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cored
- 6 Homebrand sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced 1cm
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup basil leaves plus extra for serving
- freshly ground black pepper
- 700 g baby potatoes, well scrubbed
- 2 handfuls rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 200 mls plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 600 g piece of skinned boned salmon fillet
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Rub 2 Tbsp of the oil all over the tomatoes. Place them in a roasting dish side by side and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until roasted, browned and just collapsing. Remove from the oven, cool, mash with a fork and add the sundried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chilli, balsamic and basil.
Mix well, taste and season then reserve.
Boil the potatoes in plenty of well salted water until tender. Drain, crush slightly with a fork and add the rocket, parsley, mint and garlic. Stir in the yoghurt, taste, season, cover and reserve.
Brush the salmon with the remaining oil, season and place on a roasting tray. Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until just cooked then remove from the oven.
Break the salmon into pieces and serve with the tomato mixture and the potatoes on the side. Sprinkle with extra basil leaves before serving.
TIP: To help cut through the richness of the Salmon add yoghurt to the potatoes.