- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 20g palm sugar, crushed
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 150g 5mm thick rice noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g salmon skin on, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- ½ cup smashed peanuts (optional)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
How to De-bone a Salmon Fillet
Combine the fish sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, soy sauce, palm sugar and chilli. Taste and add a little more fish sauce if necessary.
Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Let them steep until softened, remove and set aside.
Meantime heat a fry pan and add the oil. Fry the salmon pieces, skin side first until golden and crispy on the outside and just cooked through, adding the garlic and ginger at about half way through cooking.
Place the mung beans spouts, red onion, coriander, spring onion, peanuts and cherry tomatoes into a bowl and pour over the dressing.
Divide the salad onto 4 plates and place a piece of salmon on top. Serve at room temperature.