Teriyaki Marinated Beef Fillet & Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 4 (1cm)s thick beef fillets.
- 1 kg Agria potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 75 g Mainland butter
- 1/2 cup Perfect Italiano Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
1. Teriyaki marinated beef fillet: For the marinade combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger, rice vinegar, tomato sauce in a shallow glass dish. Place the beef into the dish and drench with marinade. Place in the fridge for at least an hour (longer if possible) turning the meat over occasionally.
2. About 30 minutes before you start to cook, remove the marinating steaks from the fridge and allow them to warm up to room temperature. Reserve the marinade.
3. Light the BBQ and set on high. Lightly oil the grill or hot plate. Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and place them onto the hot plate. Do not touch the steak for at least 3 minutes , turn and repeat the process. This will be cooked to rare. Remove and rest for 5 minutes before serving. While the steak is resting, heat the marinade in a small pot. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for a few minutes until it reaches a sauce consistency. Spoon the sauce over the steaks to serve.
4. Garlic mashed potatoes with cream cheese, Parmesan and chives.
5. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and garlic; cook until tender but still firm. Drain and return the pan to the stove over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes. This will dry the potatoes out a little so your mash is light and fluffy.
6. Add butter, Parmesan cheese, chives and cream cheese, and then season with salt and pepper. Use a potato masher to mash everything together until smooth and creamy. Then it’s ready to serve.