Raspberry and White Chocolate Shortcake
- 200g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups raspberries
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 22cm square cake pan with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric beater until light and fluffy.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat well.
4. Fold in the flour and baking powder until well combined.
5. Press two-thirds of the shortcake mixture into the base of the baking pan.
6. Add the raspberries and chocolate over the base.
7. Sprinkle the remaining shortcake mixture on top and press down gently.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Allow to cool in the pan.
9. Serve with ice cream on the side (optional).