Gnocchi with Kumara Sauce
- 400 g orange kumara, diced into 2cm cubes
- 2 cups trim milk
- 420 g can chickpeas, no added salt, drained
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 g fresh sage leaves
- 3 cups spinach
- 500 g gnocchi, cooked
- 200 g ricotta
- 40 g Parmesan, grated
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread kumara onto prepared tray and bake for 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
2. Place kumara, milk, chickpeas and cinnamon in a blender and blitz until combined. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and sage for 2 minutes or until garlic is almost golden and sage is crispy. Add spinach and stir for 1 minute or until wilted. Add sweet potato and chickpea mix and stir for 1 minute or until heated through.
4. Add gnocchi to the pan and toss to coat, fold through ricotta and sprinkle with Parmesan to serve.
• Energy 2066Kj • Protein 24g • Total Fat 14g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 62g • Sugars 23g • Sodium 890mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation