Cheesy Tomato Pasta
- 200 g pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 200 g kumara, cut into chunks
- 250 g wholemeal penne
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- handful fresh oregano, chopped
- handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded light edam cheese
1. Steam pumpkin, carrot and sweet potato over a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Place in a blender, blitz until smooth and set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and spinach and sauté for a further 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and mushrooms are tender.
4. Add tomatoes and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes to thicken slightly. Stir in vegetable purée and herbs.
5. Divide pasta among serving bowls and top with pasta sauce and cheese.
Tip: Double the pumpkin, carrot and sweet potato for the purée and freeze half for later.
• Energy 2176Kj • Protein 24g • Total Fat 17g • Saturated Fat 9g • Carbohydrates 62g • Sugars 15g • Sodium 411mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation