Thai Chicken Burger
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Macro chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 whole grain burger buns or bread rolls, halved
- 2 fresh beetroot, thinly sliced
- 1 315g bag Countdown Thai style salad kit
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. Heat grill on high. Heat oil in non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat and cook butterflied chicken breasts with garlic for 4 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
2. Place the burger buns or bread rolls under the grill, turning after 1 minute or until golden on both sides.
3. Place Thai salad into a bowl, dress and toss to combine.
4. To assemble the burgers, slice each chicken fillet into 2 pieces. Place 1/3 cup of salad onto each bun base then top with 3 to 4 slices of beetroot and tomato, chicken slices and bun top.
5. Serve with remaining salad on side.
• Energy 1438Kj • Protein 29g • Total Fat 9g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 32g • Sugars 11g • Sodium 637mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation