15-Minute Sesame Chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g diced chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- chilli flakes
- 600 g stir fry vegetables
- 1 Tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 450 g microwave brown rice
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- lemon or lime wedges, to serve
1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium to high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes until well browned. Add garlic and desired amount of chilli flakes, if using, and cook for a further minute until fragrant.
2. Add vegetables to the pan and combine with chicken. Cook until vegetables are tender. Finish with soy sauce and a light drizzle of sesame oil.
3. Prepare rice as per the packet instructions. Divide across four bowls and top with chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime or lemon, to serve.
• Energy 2719Kj • Protein 35g • Total Fat 15g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 89g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 301mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation