Lamb, Cauliflower & Kale Rissoles
- 1 cup roughly chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 500 g lamb mince
- 1 free range egg
- 6 Tbsp wholegrain bread crumbs
- olive oil spray
- 2 cups kale leaves, finely shredded
- 2 cups mixed leaf salad mix
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups light Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 slices mixed grain bread, toasted, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 180°c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place cauliflower, kale and garlic in a blender and blitz until fine pieces form. Place mixture in a large bowl and add mince, egg and breadcrumbs. Season to taste with pepper and shape mixture into rissoles.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly spray with oil. Add rissoles and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place rissoles on prepared tray and bake for 10 minutes, or until just cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, to make the salad, toss together kale, salad leaves, sliced cucumber, onion and tomatoes. To make the dressing, combine yoghurt, garlic and lemon juice. Place salad in serving bowls, top with rissoles, croutons and almonds and drizzle with dressing to serve.
• Energy 1860Kj • Protein 29g • Total Fat 28g • Saturated Fat 9g • Carbohydrates 18g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 219mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation