Prawn Skewers with Beer & Lime
- 1/2 cup beer
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 36 prawns, raw
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1-2 small red chillies, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g mixed salad
- 6 slices of crusty bread
1. Combine beer, lime rind and juice, garlic and chilli in a shallow container. Add prawn skewers and turn to coat well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Stir honey and soy sauce together and set aside.
2. Preheat bbq to moderate. Remove prawn skewers from marinade and brush with oil. Cook skewers for 2 minutes each side or until prawns change colour.
3. Place salad leaves on serving platter and place prawn skewers on top. Drizzle soy mixture over prawns, and top with shallots.
4. Serve immediately with a slice of crusty wholegrain bread.