Oat Biscuit Sandwiches With Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 175g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°c. Grease and line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Combine oats, flour, coconut and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Place 125g butter, syrup and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until butter melts. Remove from heat. Stir in bicarbonate of soda until mixture foams. Add to dry ingredients, stirring well to combine.
4. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place, about 8cm apart, on trays. Press down with the back of a spoon to create 5cm discs.
5. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool on trays.
6. Meanwhile, gently heat cream and remaining butter in a saucepan until butter melts and mixture just comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
7. Add milk chocolate and dark chocolate, stirring until melted. Return to heat, if needed. Cool and allow to thicken. Sandwich 2 biscuits with 1 tsp chocolate filling. Chill to firm.