Candied Beer Nuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pale ale
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place sugar, ale, chilli and syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
3. Place pecans, walnuts, cinnamon and sesame seeds in a large frying pan over high heat. Pour over sugar mixture, stirring well to coat.
4. Cook nuts for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, to evenly toast. Transfer to tray and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container or glass jar for up to 2 weeks.
For a non-alcoholic version, replace the pale ale with the same amount of water.