Ronnie's Seed Crackers with Carrot Hummus
- 2 large carrots
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp extra
- 425g can Macro Organic chick peas
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Macro Organic unhulled tahini
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Seed crackers
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup linseeds
- 1/4 cup Macro chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp tamari
1. Preheat oven to 180°c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine all ingredients with 1 cup water in a medium bowl and stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
3. Spread mixture thinly on tray and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from tray and cut into 16 squares. Turn squares over carefully, return to oven and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until just brown at the edges and crispy.
5. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container for 1 week.
1. Preheat oven to 180°c.
2. Cut carrots lengthways, drizzle in oil and toss in brown sugar. Roast for 20-30 minutes until soft. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Drain chickpeas, saving the aquafaba.
4. In a kitchen food processor, add the chickpeas, roasted carrots, garlic, tahini, cumin, oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
5. Continue to season to taste, add a tablespoon or two of aquafaba if mixture is too thick.
Tip: You can use the leftover aquafaba to make vegan friendly pavlovas.